Achieved objectives by Direct Current BV and partners
We started in 2009 with our company Direct Current B.V. to research and develop the missing links to make a DC infrastructure possible. Since then we have made many innovations above and beyond expectation that have been a major break through worldwide. Now we are realising many significant projects with partners on our DC technology and smart DC grid throughout the Netherlands and abroad.
- DC study at the Technical University of Delft.
- DC course for the University of Amsterdam and the Hague University.
- DC Foundation established as a knowledge centre and promoting DC.
- Concepts of autarkic nets designed for underdeveloped areas (e.g. India en Africa).
Technology & Economy
- World premier first DC grid in a utility building, the Circl of ABN AMRO bank.
- World premiere first DC grid in a greenhouse as testing area in Haarlemmermeer.
- Basis of a DC grid laid in the Nupharo Park industrial estate in the Czech Republic . Supported by EU.
- Drive -train electric vehicle including charging on DC.
- DC system for public street lighting. First pilot in Aalsmeer.
- Green Deal for DC=Decent project and serves as a model project for the Parliament.
- Gelijkspanning is a topic within AgentschapNL.
Health and Environment
- DC is safer than AC.
- DC gives no radiation.
- Less tax on raw materials supply in the world.
- Saving on energy.
- Large-scale renewable generation is possible, huge decreases in CO2.
- Foundation for sustainable energy.